This is a campus map from 1949. The bulk of the college was made up of Hartwell Hall and some temporary buildings on the side of Hartwell, by the railroad tracks. Otherwise there was a "girl's dorm," the infamous West Hall, to the west where Seymour is today. West Hall was a frame building that was notorious for being drafty and cold. The college athletic field to the west was just that, fields, no Tuttle, no SERC. Notice that off Kenyon, behind Hartwell, are a West College St. and a Millard St. This was a residential neighborhood, with a number of homes, and a small store. When the post WWII expansion really got going in the '50s and '60s all of this would change dramatically.